Sunday, November 05, 2006

Green-eyed monster

I bike to work every day, and in my effort to avoid monster hills, I take a roundabout way through residential streets on my ride home. Every day, I pass this adorable Silverlake house.


I have a serious case of house envy. The carved door set into the round turret! The huge beveled front window! And above all, the whimsical, Alice-in-wonderland roof. Merciful heavens, I love this roof.


I can just image the charmed, slightly quirky lives that are led in this house. Every time I pass it, I can't help but think that I should be living in this house, polishing my ancient brass binoculars and dusting my taxidermied parrot collection in the study. If there is any justice in this world, my parrots and I will someday have a house as cute as this cottage.



2 comments:

Kaahl said...

Also, who is the creep getting off her bike taking pictures of my house?

Liz said...

The best part is, there was totally someone cleaning the inside of the main window as I was taking my pictures. I felt extra creepy as I focused on him.